Our team of Employment solicitors consists of dedicated specialists and lawyers who deal exclusively with employment law. The team have over 30 years’ experience collectively and have wide, in-depth knowledge of all employment matters and disputes.
You can be assured Lawson-West’s solicitors keep up to date with the latest legal developments and changes to bring you the best advice.
Lawson-West’s expert employment solicitors and lawyers have significant experience of the types of reasonable adjustments employers are expected to put in place.
Where you believe you suffer with a disability, you have the right to request reasonable adjustments to your role to assist you in the work place and prevent possible less favourable treatment and discrimination. Examples of reasonable adjustments can include:
- adjusting equipment, e.g. installing speech browser software onto a computer
- providing a reader or interpreter, e.g. sign language interpreter for meetings
- providing supervision, e.g. a mentor or support worker
- modifying equipment, e.g. a specifically designed chair
- modifying reference manuals, e.g. providing oral instructions as an alternative to written instructions
- altering working hours to give a later or early start or longer lunch break
- allocating duties to another member of staff
- transferring a disabled member of staff to fill an existing vacancy, e.g. a sales representative who has to give up driving could be transferred to an office-based vacancy
- assigning a different place of work, e.g. allowing home working during a period of rehabilitation
- allowing time off for rehabilitation or medical treatment
- adjusting premises, eg the direction a door opens to allow for a wheelchair user.
In order to establish what adjustments might be beneficial to you and/or what adjustments might be considered ‘reasonable’ to the employer, you may request a referral to Occupational Health or undertake an Access to Work assessment. Following this, you and your employer will have a greater understanding of any recommendations and/or adjustments might be needed and how they can implement them.
Once any adjustments are established and are considered reasonable, it is suggested that the employer implements these as quickly as possible to avoid any possible disadvantage being suffered.
If your request for reasonable adjustments has not been considered, we can help. Please remember there are strict time limits in Employment claims and you should take good free legal advice as soon as possible.
In addition to No Win No Fee, Lawson-West solicitors act for our clients on a variety of other funding arrangements including Legal Expenses insurance funding. We can assess your case to decide which is the best funding option for you.
With offices in Leicester, Wigston and Market Harborough our employment solicitors and lawyers can discuss your employment law claim at any of our branches. In addition, we are a national provider of expert employment law advice and welcome a free discussion with you regarding your circumstances and potential claim.
If you believe you have a situation where you require free legal advice, please contact us on telephone 0116 212 1000 or 01858 445 480, alternatively fill in the free Contact Us form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.