Marriage/Civil Partnership Discrimination
Our team of Employment solicitors consists of dedicated specialists and lawyers who deal exclusively with employment law. The team have over 30 years’ experience collectively and have wide, in-depth knowledge of all employment matters and disputes.
You can be assured Lawson-West’s solicitors keep up to date with the latest legal developments and changes to bring you the best advice.
Lawson-West’s expert employment solicitors and lawyers have significant experience in supporting cases of discrimination based on marriage and civil partnerships.
It is unlawful for an employer to discriminate against an employee or worker if the reason is connected to or because of your marriage or civil partnership.
Examples of this could be:
- refused employment on the basis of your marriage or civil partnership
- receiving unequal treatment as a result of your marriage or civil partnership
- being subjected to comments related to your marriage or civil partnership
- denied or not considered for a promotion due to your marriage or civil partnership
- dismissed on the basis of your gender reassignment or marriage or civil partnership
- being subjected to unequal treatment because of your marriage or civil partnership
- being subjected to a detriment because of your marriage or civil partnership
- not being paid the same wages or receiving the same benefits as a result of your marriage or civil partnership
To bring a claim of marriage or civil partnership discrimination, you will need to demonstrate that you are or were an employee or a worker, or were applying for a job as an employee or worker. There is no qualifying period of employment required to bring a claim for marriage or civil partnership discrimination.
To present a claim, you must contact ACAS and complete Early Conciliation within three months starting from the date of the last act of discrimination.
If you find yourself in a situation where you are facing discrimination because of your marriage or civil partnership we can help. Please remember there are strict time limits in Employment claims and you should take good free legal advice as soon as possible.
In addition to No Win No Fee, Lawson-West solicitors act for our clients on a variety of other funding arrangements including Legal Expenses insurance funding. We can assess your case to decide which is the best funding option for you.
With offices in Leicester, Wigston and Market Harborough our employment solicitors and lawyers can discuss your employment law claim at any of our branches. In addition, we are a national provider of expert employment law advice and welcome a free discussion with you regarding your circumstances and potential claim.
If you believe you have a situation where you require free legal advice, please contact us on telephone 0116 212 1000 or 01858 445 480, alternatively fill in the free Contact Us form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.