Gender Reassignment Discrimination
Our team of Employment solicitors consists of dedicated specialists and lawyers who deal exclusively with employment law. The team have over 30 years’ experience collectively and have wide, in-depth knowledge of all employment matters and disputes.
You can be assured Lawson-West’s solicitors keep up to date with the latest legal developments and changes to bring you the best advice.
Lawson-West’s expert employment solicitors and lawyers have significant experience in workplace discrimination on the basis of gender reassignment.
It is unlawful for an employer to discriminate against an employee or worker if the reason is connected to or because of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment. This is a surgical procedure by which a transgender person’s physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble that of their socially identified gender.
Examples of this could be if you have been:
- refused employment on the basis of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- receiving unequal treatment as a result of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- subjected to comments related to your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- denied or not considered for a promotion due to your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- dismissed on the basis of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- subjected to unequal treatment because of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- subjected to a detriment because of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
- paid different wages or receiving the same benefits as a result of your gender reassignment or sex reassignment
To bring a claim of gender reassignment or sex reassignment discrimination, you will need to demonstrate that you are or were an employee or a worker, or were applying for a job as an employee or worker. There is no qualifying period of employment required to bring a claim for gender reassignment or sex reassignment discrimination.
To present a claim, you must contact ACAS and complete Early Conciliation within three months starting from the date of the last act of discrimination.
If you find yourself in a situation where you are facing discrimination because of gender reassignment we can help. Please remember there are strict time limits in Employment claims and you should take good free legal advice as soon as possible.
In addition to No Win No Fee, Lawson-West solicitors act for our clients on a variety of other funding arrangements including Legal Expenses insurance funding. We can assess your case to decide which is the best funding option for you.
With offices in Leicester, Wigston and Market Harborough our employment solicitors and lawyers can discuss your employment law claim at any of our branches. In addition, we are a national provider of expert employment law advice and welcome a free discussion with you regarding your circumstances and potential claim.
If you believe you have a situation where you require free legal advice, please contact us on telephone 0116 212 1000 or 01858 445 480, alternatively fill in the free Contact Us form and we will get in touch as soon as possible.