National Living wage to be introduced from April
Further to its promise in 2015, the government has now confirmed that the National Living Wage for 25+ year olds will come into force on 1st April this year.
The announcement forms part of the National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Regulations 2016 which confirm the minimum wage levels for those aged up to 24.
The new minimum wage levels from 1 April 2016 will therefore be:-
- Age 25+ - £7.20ph (newly introduced National Living Wage)
- Ages 21-24 - £6.70ph (current rate)
- Ages 18-21 - £5.30ph (current rate)
- Under18s - £3.87ph (current rate)
- Apprentices - £3.30ph (current rate).
If you’d like more information about your obligations as an employer, please contact Vaishali Thakerar at Lawson-West on 0116 212 1000.View all