Commercial and Business Services
We act for businesses of all shapes and sizes, but have a real expertise in assisting start-ups, SMEs, owner managed businesses and business entrepreneurs.
Our clients come from a broad range of sectors, such as: agriculture, automotive, banking and finance, construction, energy and renewables, engineering, food and drink, manufacturing, media and the creative industries, professional and support services, real estate, retail, telecommunications and waste.
Why Use Lawson-West?
Our very experienced team help sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and their owners and directors throughout the entire life cycle of their business – from incorporation to retirement, exit or sale. In particular, we regularly assist our clients with:
- Choosing a business structure
- Preparing a Partnership Agreement
- Incorporating a limited company
- Preparing Articles of Association and Shareholder Agreements
- Preparing a Joint Venture Agreement
- Choosing a business name
Running and Growing a Business
- Advising on director and partner duties
- Ongoing company secretarial services
- Preparing terms and conditions of sale and/or supply
- Advising on commercial agency, bailment, distribution and dealership
- Advising on franchising agreements and issues
- Preparing business to business contracts with suppliers and customers
- Dealing with consumers and their rights
- The legal requirements of and the terms and policies to be used on a website
- Trading online and complying with distance selling rules
- Protecting and exploiting intellectual property
Well Established Businesses
- Changing a business structure, such as incorporating a sole trader or partnership
- Raising debt finance and providing security and guarantees
- Debt factoring
- Dealing with new equity or venture capital investors or admitting new partners
- Dealing with the loss of shareholders / directors or the resignation of partners
- Reducing capital and buying back shares
- Preparing a business for sale
What our clients say
The professional and friendly way I was dealt with at Lawson-West. Rebecca explained everything I needed to know and was so helpful, many thanks!
Helpful and friendly staff.
Rebecca is super-efficient and very good at her job.
Rebecca Beswick was approachable, extremely helpful and very efficient in dealing with our legal matters. We felt as though we were valued clients and would not hesitate in recommending Rebecca and the firm to other people.
Rebecca was very polite, kept us up to date and gave prompt responses.
Quality of service, advice and attention to detail was excellent. Rebecca Beswick impressed everyone she met in our business.
We have found them very professional and responsive.
The face to face meetings and explanations of contract, details given in such a way that it was easy to understand the legalities. They were professional and courteous at all times. We were extremely impressed with the service given by Palbir and Rebecca, their knowledge and assistance helped us through. They were a pleasure to do business with, and would highly recommend you to all others.
Rebecca was very friendly and kept us fully informed throughout.
I'd like to say a big thanks to Palbir, and your team at Lawson West, for all the support provided to me.