Coronavirus: Legal News Updates for Employers
EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE
We will post regular articles here, soundbites, suggestions, legal news and helpful information for employers that you will find valuable during the COVID-19 outbreak.
You don't have to trawl through all the news websites so make sense of it all, at Lawson-West we provide a quick summary and snapshot to help you follow the key employment news items and their implications on a regular basis.
- Pregnancy and returning to the workplace [7 Sep 2020]
- From October employers will struggle to pay their staff - Are redundancies inevitable? [18 Aug]
- Government's latest updates on Flexible Furlough Scheme, (CJRS) [14 Aug]
- Return to work childcare issues - 7 Steps for Employers [30 July]
- Smaller Businesses - New ERDF Funding and Kickstart goverment programmes [30 Jul]
- 14-Day Travel Quarantine Period - Who Pays Employers or Employees? [30 July]
- Redundancy: 3 Mistakes Employers Make [14 Jul]
- Government introduces 1-metre rule and shielding restrictions eased [23 Jun]
- Is Your Commercial Office Now a Waste of Space? [12 Jun]
- Redundancies or Flexible Furlough Scheme? That is the Question [9 Jun]
Coronavirus Sick Pay Rebate Scheme [22 May]
- Webinar Speaker Slides - In April 2020, during the Coronavirus outbreak, Vaishali Thakerar was a guest speaker at a RICS webinar speaking to 260 delegates about Covid-19 employment law implications in the workplace. Click here to see the story and a copy of the helpful slides from the webinar.
- New ! 11 Government Business Support Schemes - What Support Is Available to My Business, and How Do I Access It?
Learn more about each scheme in this easy to read PDF document and summary chart...[3 April 2020]
- What is Furlough Leave? [24 March]
- How to make a claim for Furlough Leave payments from HMRC under the Job Retention Scheme [29 April]
- Employment FAQs [25 March]
Helpful Questions and Answers to help employers regarding the implications of this week's Coronavirus employment changes.
Whether you are employed or self-employed, if you have any questions or concerns regarding the recent Coronavirus changes affecting your job and you'd like to discuss your employment and changes affecting you, please contact Lawson-West in total confidence. We're here to support you with employment advice at this time and we provide a free initial conversation to help guide you in the right direction.
Please contact one of our employment team members. We're here to support you with employment advice at this time.
You can also complete our online enquiry form.
At Lawson-West, we provide a national employment service.
What our clients say
The level of professional courtesy is outstanding. The solicitor and every single member of your team are amazing.