Skip to main content
Home page
Site map
Contact Us
0116 442 2075
Accidents And Illness Abroad

If you have an accident on holiday, suffer an injury or develop an illness, which is someone else's fault, then you may be able to make a claim.

We are frequently able to make successful claims if there is fault on someone else's part, if your claim arises from a package holiday, or your claim is against a UK owned company e.g. a chain of hotels, a travel agency or a cruise company.

Most typical types of claim are based on package holidays or cruises arising from
a) falls on hotel premises, coaches or cruise liners due to defective premises;
b) illness or infection arising from food prepared or eaten within the accommodation supplied to you due to the food being improperly prepared; or
c) illness or infection, eg Legionnaire's disease, arising from a lack of hygiene or defective air conditioning or premises.

What do You do if You Have Suffered an Accident or Illness on Holiday?

  • If possible, report the accident, or holiday illness to the staff or travel representative.
  • Make sure that the accident is entered in the Accident Book.
  • Take names and addresses and phone numbers of people who have witnessed the accident and if possible take photographs/video film relating to the circumstances of the accident.
  • Seek medical help.
  • Keep a record of all the expenses that you incur as a consequence of your misfortune.
  • Contact us - fill in our form now and one of our team will contact you quickly; or phone Victoria Jones on 0116 212 1039. You don't need to be based in Leicestershire - we successfully manage cases for people from across the UK.