Skip to main content
Home page
Site map
Contact Us
0116 442 2075

Uninsured Drivers Agreement

If the Third Party involved in the car accident that resulted in injury is identifiable but they are not insured, an application can be made to the Motor Insurers Bureau for compensation under the Uninsured Drivers Agreement. This covers situations where the driver who caused the accident was uninsured or where the insurers have refused indemnity or voided the policy due to a breach of policy conditions.
Under the agreement, you will be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries and subsequent financial losses. In addition, your lawyer will be able to claim for the costs incurred in pursuing the claim on your behalf.
If you have been involved in an accident, where the third party driver was uninsured, please phone Vickki Ridgway direct dial on 0116 212 1055, or use the on-line form.
Funds available to the Motor Insurers Bureau to compensate accident victims of uninsured drivers are provided by the insurance companies. There are complex procedures which must be followed into to proceed with a personal injury claim for car accident compensation. As specialist lawyers, Lawson-West solicitors are able to assist you in pursuing a personal injury claim through the Motor Insurers Bureau.
If the driver who caused the accident gave false details at the scene of the accident and now cannot be found, please see our page on Car Accidents involving Untraced Drivers.

Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)

If the injury caused to you was caused deliberately by the driver of the vehicle, then under the Motor Insurance Bureau agreements, they will not be liable to pay damages. However, in these circumstances, a claim could be pursued via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.