Commercial and Business Services
We act for businesses of all shapes and sizes, but have a real expertise in assisting start-ups, SMEs, owner managed businesses and business entrepreneurs.
Our clients come from a broad range of sectors, such as: agriculture, automotive, banking and finance, construction, energy and renewables, engineering, food and drink, manufacturing, media and the creative industries, professional and support services, real estate, retail, telecommunications and waste.
Why Use Lawson-West
Our very experienced team help sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and their owners and directors throughout the entire life cycle of their business – from incorporation to retirement, exit or sale. In particular, we regularly assist our clients with:
- Choosing a business structure
- Preparing a Partnership Agreement
- Incorporating a limited company
- Preparing Articles of Association and Shareholder Agreements
- Preparing a Joint Venture Agreement
- Choosing a business name
Running and Growing a Business
- Advising on director and partner duties
- Ongoing company secretarial services
- Preparing terms and conditions of sale and/or supply
- Advising on commercial agency, bailment, distribution and dealership
- Advising on franchising agreements and issues
- Preparing business to business contracts with suppliers and customers
- Dealing with consumers and their rights
- The legal requirements of and the terms and policies to be used on a website
- Trading online and complying with distance selling rules
- Protecting and exploiting intellectual property
Well Established Businesses
- Changing a business structure, such as incorporating a sole trader or partnership
- Raising debt finance and providing security and guarantees
- Debt factoring
- Dealing with new equity or venture capital investors or admitting new partners
- Dealing with the loss of shareholders / directors or the resignation of partners
- Reducing capital and buying back shares
- Preparing a business for sale
What our clients say
Were able to speak to solicitor whenever we rang. Very good service received.
Great communication between myself and my solicitor, quick process. Thank you for your support.
Special commendation to David Heys and employment solicitor.
Good advice, optimistic approach, clear written counsel.
As always, nothing was too much trouble. Thank you.
A huge thank you to the whole team who made a difficult task possible.
Mr Heys kept me informed at every stage to complete the transaction.
David Heys and colleagues went above and beyond the call of duty in our eyes!
Can I just say what a pleasure it has been to deal with you. You have been highly professional and very personable and I would have no hesitation in asking to use you in a future related matter or recommending you to others.
As usual you have given solid advice and I appreciate it.